Thursday, March 21, 2019

Happy 5th Birthday Lucille Beatrice!!!

I can't believe I'm writing this. 5?? That's not a baby, it's a kid! I've never struggled with a birthday as much as I'm struggling with this one.
Lucille, 5 years ago I finally got to see your beautiful face. I had been waiting my whole life to meet the special little person who would make me a mom. I never imagined that person could be as amazing as you. You've brought me more joy than I can put into words.
After 47 hours of labor I finally met you! By time we got out of the operating room all your aunts, uncles and grandparents were waiting in our recovery room. 
Your first birthday we had everyone over for a dance party!
Your 2nd birthday we went out to eat at the charcoal corral and you played in the arcade for the first time!

Your 3rd birthday we wanted to take you to a local restaurant that has all you can eat pancakes. You woke up sick that day so we spent the day at home where you played with new toys and tried on all the clothes and bathing suits you got. 
Your 4th birthday you wanted to go a toy store. So you took your first (and last) ever trip to Toys R Us and then we went to IHOP where you had cake flavored pancakes. 

This past year you've grown more than I realized was ever possible. I am blown away by all you've learned and all you continue to learn. You've always been inquisitive but lately it's reached a whole new level. When you were 2 and would ask why repeatedly, but now you ask informed questions with follows ups. You pay attention to the answers and bring them up in later conversations. I hope I can foster your love of learning and that you are always eager to keep digging until you find all the answers you seek.
You are so considerate of others. You can easily identify other's feelings and are always eager to try to turn any negative feelings around. You help Truman whenever you get the opportunity. If I am feeling overwhelmed you show tremendous understanding and help guide me back to the peaceful mom I want to be. If a friend is hurt your top priority is to make them feel better.
The night before your 5th birthday after dance class. Per usual, you dressed yourself and looked beautiful.

You're still my little ballerina. You do tap and ballet now, but ballet is where your passion is. Still my social butterfly, making friends wherever you go. In the summer you'll be my cheerleader, which you are so excited for! Everything you do, you do with such energy and optimism and I just love watching you and hearing about all the adventures you have when I'm not around. I could go on and on about all the ways you've brightened my life. But the bottom line is, you are my motivation to he a better person every day I wake up. Because you show so much love and maturity that it let's me know I can. And because you deserve me at my best. You're my role model and my best friend.
Don't forget, you promised me now that you're finally 5 you will stay 5 forever. Oh, how I wish I could hold you to that promise and keep you close. But even if I could it would be selfish. Because I know when you're grown you'll make the world a brighter place.
On your 5th birthday you went to school and I got to join you part of the day. You brought brownies to share with the class and the book Lulu's Party. Later we will go back to the school for family fun night.

Happy birthday Lucille! Thank you for choosing me to be your Mom! I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment