Monday, July 15, 2019

Life Right Now

Life has been so busy but so beautiful lately. I'm not going to pretend it's been constant laughs and smiles. We have our moments of frustration and tears. But overall the kids are all at really fun, loving and hilarious stages. Every day they do something that has me laughing. And it makes my heart sad knowing in time I'll forget so many of these moments. So I thought I'd take a moment to share some stories from life recently. Years from now I'll look back on this post and cry about how big my babies have gotten.

Truman's personality is really developing. He gives the best smooches and challenges everyone to screaming matches. (He is always victorious.) He says daaah-yeee for Daddy and calls me Momba!

He asks to have dance parties and his dancing mostly consists of head banging. Though, tonight he was watching Lucille's dance recital DVD and started trying to do ballet with the 10 year olds in stage. Adorable!

Lennon has been super into our library trips. He is constantly asking me "can we get an interlibrary loan for ____?" (Ps we're so lucky to have such a nice library in town that is also connected to dozens of other libraries that we can also borrow from.)

At the end of the school year Lucille would recap her days on the car ride and Lennon has already mastered his I'm not really listening response. "Wow sissy, I had no idea school was so interesting." "Wow sissy, I had no idea gym class was so interesting."

Our cat has been on a real killing spree in our yard. We've found lots of chipmunks, mice, squirrels and birds. A Fisher lived in our yard during the winter and early spring before our constant trips outside caused him to relocate. He killed a HUGE hare.... I didn't know there were hares near my house. Anyways I thought these bodies would scar my kids. Instead they are very intrigued and have made a list of the dead things they've seen. It's actually incredible. They recognize it's sad and don't delight in death, but are truly interested in seeing the insides of these animals... Definitely a trait they get from their dad.

I should clarify, my kids acknowledge how sad it is for the family of furry dead bodies we find in our yard. Insects are different. Lucille feels no compassion for them. The second she sees an insect she screams for someone to "come die it!" 🤣

My sister in law's favorite Lucille story is when she asked her if she liked SpongeBob and she said no. Then after a moment of contemplation said "Actually I like SpongeBob because him's a cheese and I love cheese."

My favorite recent Lucille memory is her pre-school graduation. Well she was singing songs on stage she locked eyes with Truman most of the program and every time he would clap she clapped along with him. It was so sweet to watch her interacting with her baby brother during a moment of such excitement and so many faces.

Oh and I overheard Lucille say this while her and Lennon played today: "Batman, it's time to come home." "Okay mom!"

2 out of 3 of my hams with their block city.
And ham #3, laughing at himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment